Work in the community has always been a hallmark of Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church. From the very inception of the church, we have worked at and provided donations to many causes throughout the community.
In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we will serve others in a variety of social, economic and geographical contexts. The principalities and powers which render people and the world less than God created them to be will cause us to respond in ways that are caring, life-giving and reflect the love and justice of God.
- Community Soup Kitchen with Grace
- Food and cash donations are collected the first Sunday of each month
- We volunteer monthly to help with feeding the homeless
- CROP Walk - We help to organize and participate in the walk to raise funds to end hunger
- Shoe Drive - We collect gently used shoes which are provided to the needy
- Dove Center for Women - We donate to provide for the personal needs of women at this extremely important facility
- Presbyterian Theological Seminaries - We provide financial support and field education opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity - Building affordable housing for God's people. We host Bike & Build each summer
- Mission Trips - We visit our sister congregation in Dorogobuzh, Russia, each year
- Operation Christmas Child - We fill shoeboxes with gifts for distribution to needy children around the globe
Every year a portion of Good Shepherd's budget is dedicated to the support of the Presbyterian Church's (USA) mission programs both locally, through the General Assembly's Presbyterian Mission Agency and the Presbytery of Utah.